ElectroTechnics Test and Tag, serving greater Sydney and Illawarra region.
ElectroTechnics Test and Tag is your contact for all your electrical testing and tagging and RCD trip time measurements. We are a registered and fully insured company with customers all over Sydney and the Illawarra region in various industries like schools, mechanical workshops, rental companies, dentists, pharmacies, etc.
We are very time-flexible for your convenience! You don't want your business tested and tagged during rush hour.
We often get the question "Is testing and tagging compulsory?"
1) Yes, if you match the description below:
Every business, employer or other PCBU must make sure that electrical equipment is regularly inspected and tested by a competent person if the electrical equipment:
- is supplied with electricity through an electrical socket outlet (plug-in equipment), and
- used in an environment in which its normal use exposes the equipment to operating conditions that are likely to result in damage to the equipment or a reduction in its expected life span, eg conditions such as exposure to moisture, heat, vibration, mechanical damage, corrosive chemicals or dust.
2) If you are not in a high-risk workplace, you must make a risk analysis and inspect and test according to the risks:
Businesses still have a duty to ensure the electrical equipment being used in lower-risk workplaces is safe. One method to do this is to:
- decide how often each piece of electrical equipment will be inspected and tested,
- make sure this program is carried out and the results recorded, and
- change how often you carry out the inspecting and testing according to the number and severity of any faults found.
The types of inspecting and testing may include training workers:
- on visually checking electrical equipment before use, and
- to follow manufacturers recommendations which may include inspecting and testing.
We refer to the recommended timetable to see how often we check your workplace.
If you have any questions or want to have a free risk-analysis, please don't hesitate to give us a call or contact us by email.