How do we work? What can you expect from us?
ElectroTechnics Test and Tag procedure
About two weeks before due date, we give you a call to set a date, and we show up on time on that date.
2. Testing and tagging
We check, test and tag every electrical plug-in equipment according to the AS/NZS 3760.
- Thorough visual inspection
- Did you know that more than 90% of the fails are detected while executing the visual inspection?
- A burned or damaged plug or socket, a damaged lead or a broken protection cover are just a few examples.
- Tip: Do NOT repair a damaged lead with electrical tape, but have the cord replaced.
- Is the product a recall on the Product Safety Australia website?
- Perform tests with a Metrel MI3309
- Earth continuity test
- Insulation test
- Polarity test
- If applicable, an earth leakage test
- Print the tag and attach it to the lead (We have custom heavy duty tags for the construction and demolition sites)
In the event the equipment fails:
- Depending on the fail, we can perform plug and/or cable repair
- We provide a recommendation on how to rectify the failure including re-test after rectification if applicable
Within 48 hours after testing and tagging, we provide a full detailed report covering the scope of all testing activities and recommendations.
4. Free reminder service
One of our team members will contact you to ensure your equipment is tested on time in accordance with the AS/NZS 3760, which can vary from 3 months to 5 years.
As you see, you have nothing to worry about! We'll take care of everything