How do we work and what to expect from us?
1. The appointment
To begin with, about one or two weeks before the due date we give you a call to set a time and date. Next, we show up on time on that appointment.
2. Testing and tagging
We check, test and tag every electrical plug-in equipment according to the AS/NZS 3760. The first step, the visual inspection, is the most important one. This is where most fails are detected.
Thorough visual inspection
- Did you know that more than 90% of the fails are detected while executing the visual inspection?
A burned or cracked plug or socket, a damaged lead or a broken protection cover are just a few examples.
Tip: Do NOT patch a damaged lead with electrical tape, but have the cord replaced.
- We also check if the product is listed as a recall on the Product Safety Australia website. Examples of recalls are the Heller fan sold at Bunnings Warehouse and the major power adapter recall from Apple.
Perform tests with a Metrel MI3309
- Earth continuity test,
- insulation test,
- polarity test, and,
- if applicable, an earth leakage test
From the results saved on the PAT tester, we print the tag and attach it to the lead. On construction sites, we have custom made heavy duty tags with a laminated cover. This way, the information on the tag is well protected.
Each new customer receives several ‘New to service’ tags to attach when new equipment is used for the first time. But, those tags cannot be used on second-hand equipment or devices returning from repair.
In the event the equipment fails:
- Depending on the fail, we can perform a plug and/or cable repair
- We provide a recommendation on how to rectify the failure including re-test after rectification if applicable
Within 48 hours after testing and tagging, we provide a full detailed report covering the scope of all testing activities and recommendations. All tested equipment receives a unique asset number, which makes it easy to track your items over the years.
4. Free reminder service
One of our team members will contact you to ensure your equipment is tested on time in accordance with the AS/NZS 3760. Timeframes can vary from 3 months (construction and demolition sites) to up to 5 years (office environment).
As you see, you have nothing to worry about! We’ll take care of everything